Saturday, April 16, 2011

Our Proposal Story

Happy Saturday everyone! 

After a long week, I just started the weekend off right with a little "Saturday morning Boot Camp in the Park"! Definitely tough, but it's a fun group of girls so I'm looking forward to it every weekend now :)

Over this last week, we received our edited pictures from our proposal session by the A-M-A-Zing Amanda Marie. Now that I have some pictures to share with you, we can back track some and I can share the story of how Kevin and I got engaged.

Date: March 21st, 2011




Just as some background, probably since last summer, I've been in LOVE with Amanda's work. If you enjoy photography at all, I recommend following her blog or "liking" her on Facebook. Not only is she a fabulous photographer, but she is one heck of an awesome gal! She goes beyond your traditional photos and creates true artwork for you to display in your home! So, with that being said, Kevin is well aware of my obsession with Amanda, and as a birthday gift to me, he scheduled a photo session for us to have with her (and in almost SEVEN years, this is our FIRST professional photo session ever!)


So, we met up with Amanda in Fort Worth to begin our session. I planned well in advance, had all our outfits (and my shoes!!) ready to go and we set out on our multiple location shoot around the Trinity Park area close to downtown. Here are some of my favorites from the day...









We came upon our last location, I did my final touch ups with my hair and makeup, etc. I was 100% focused on rocking it out to have a great finish to our photo session. Well...turns out, Kevin had called Miss Amanda Marie a few days before our shoot to let her know he had a few plans of his own for our session. Kevin and Amanda coordinated together for our last location to be "The Location" for this perfectly planned proposal.


We were in an alley (Haha, yes, I got engaged in an alley...a pretty one!), Amanda had me face her and told Kevin to get behind me. I NEVER thought anything of it, a photographer asks you to do certain things, you just do it. She had me totally working it out and posing for the camera.







After a few shots, and giving Kevin his time to get set, she said, "Ok, now turn around and face Kevin", and when I did....!!!







Total, I mean TOTAL shock!!! I think I stood in place this far away from here for what felt like a few minutes just repeating "are you for real?..is this for real?"...Kevin said "Yes, this is for real" and asked me to "come closer".







He said the most amazing words, and with so much love, asked "Will you marry me?" I said "YES!!!" and it was so surreal, I just couldn't even believe what was going on. The whole time, Amanda just circled us getting perfect shots of the whole event.


It was PERFECT!












After letting in sink in, and getting some more pictures, we left our session and headed down to my grandparents house to share the good news. Well...Kevin, again, had one last trick up his sleeve, and when we pulled up to their house, cars were everywhere! Both sides of our family and some of our closest friends were all there waiting to congratulate us. They knew the WHOLE time and somehow, no one spilled the big secret. Perfect, perfect, perfect!! I couldn't have imagined it any better than this. I'm one HAPPY GIRL <3 (Kevin's pretty excited too!)


**All photos in this post were taken by Amanda Marie Portraits (told you she was amazing!)**

No comments:

Post a Comment