Friday, February 3, 2012

Wedding Vendor Highlight - The Venue


Just as a little backstory, Kevin and I were engaged on March 21, 2011 (See proposal post here). By mid-April we had our wedding date set...November 11, 2011 (11/11/11) would be the day that I married my best friend! Kevin and I have been together since 2004 and it's been a long road full of learning, growing, and love. He is my true love and the most amazing man. He is already a great husband and I can't wait to see the awesome father he will be to our kids in the future.


Anyhow, throughout our 8 month engagement, planning was a crazy ordeal. Not so much in the middle, but at the beginning and of course the end it was just plain stressful. In the beginning, there is tons, I mean TONS, of research to do and you're hoping this whole time that you are picking all of the right people for your big day. 


First up, the Venue...kind of important right? We knew we wanted to have our ceremony and reception in the same location so our guests wouldn't have to travel, so after many emails and phone calls we had our sights set on four locations. We set out one weekend with my loving parents and my trusty spreadsheet (don't act surprised!) to gather, record and compare all of the specifics of each place.


After the first two, we were pleased, but it just hadn't quite been what we were waiting to see. We discussed the differences over lunch at On the Border (90% of meals with my parents are at OTB, no shame), and then headed to The Ashton Hotel in downtown Fort Worth.


Now I am telling you, it took me all but 2 minutes to know this place was "the one". It was absolutely beautiful, had the charm of what we were looking for and just felt right. We immediately decided it was it, I called the 4th place to cancel our meeting and we had the contract signed by the end of the week.


This hotel is located in Sundance Square, it's an ornate and historic building and the architecture and decor throughout the reception spaces and hotel itself were beautiful. Unfortunately, I have to stop here on gushing about this place. In the end, the management of this hotel revealed their true colors and the story is so heart-breaking I don't even want to re-live it and it isn't worth the time for me to write or you to read. Bottom line, I would not recommend our specific location, however, it was absolutely beautiful, our perfect location and our wedding was everything we dreamed it would be!


Some more photos of this beautiful place!










**All photos were taken by Amanda Marie Portraits**

No comments:

Post a Comment